Wednesday, August 1, 2012

All dressed up with nowhere to go...

So I've been searching for the perfect pleated skirt since late winter and FINALLY, it's mine! I wasn't looking for a floral in particular, but always a fan of florals, when I found this one, with a beautiful neutral background and a myriad of colors splattered within, I couldn't resist. The bright orange hem was icing on the cake!


I happened to have a bright orange shirt from LOFT with shirring detail on the shoulders that matches perfectly with the skirt. I added another pop of color to balance out all of the orange with the bright yellow belt, and kept the look refined with the shoes and jewelry.
Also, just as a bit of a reference point for petite/athletic/curvy girls, I'm 4'9", built very athletically on top, a bit curvier on bottom, so the glory of this outfit is that it's working to even everything out. The slight volume from the dolman sleeve of the top fills my torso out a little more and the a-line skirt flatters, but doesn't overemphasize my curves. The heels, which are a very light pink/bone color help to elongate my legs.

Blouse: LOFT, Skirt: American Eagle, Heels: Aldo, Belt: Delia's, Earrings: Cape Cod

Song of the Moment: Try a Little Tenderness performed by Florence and the Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment