Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Modcloth Uniquely You: Sweetly Literary

I was invited to participate in Modcloth's Uniquely You Challenge where we are asked to create an outfit of Modcloth pieces based on one that they choose for us. We were given the Abiding Beaty Dress in black to style. I love this dress for a few reasons. It's no secret that everyone should have a great black dress in their wardrobe. This dress has a universally flattering silhouette that's amazingly versatile. I wanted to show off the versatility of this dress in an outfit that could have you ready for work or the weekend since that's how I have been styling everything for the past week since I started my internship! I chose a literary, vintage inspired aesthetic and went to town. I found so many amazing pairs of shoes when I was browsing Modcloth but I fell in love with the Lucky Chic Flats in this gorgeous crimson. They add a punch of color to the outfit, and I reflected that in the floaty Santiago Sunset Scarf that adds a pretty, summery pattern. I love structured bags so I chose the Put-Together Get-Together Bag which comes in the prettiest light tan color. I took inspiration from words for the jewelry, with the utterly fabulous Quote Couture Earrings and the quirky Live Up to the Type Necklace. Modcloth has been one of my favorite places to shop since I stumbled upon it in high school and their summer picks are pretty stellar right now. Check out some more of their lovely dresses here!

No comments:

Post a Comment