Friday, June 27, 2014

Summer in the City: Part 1


This is my second summer in New York City and it has been a complete blast so far! Greenwich Village is my home until August and I've made it my mission to explore as much as I can. I've got an endlessly long bucket list and I've been chipping away at it bit by bit! Stay tuned as I share pictures, stories, and opinions on what I did.




Although I've been visiting New York my whole life, I've never seen the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island. I decided to fully indulge the touristy urges and see some history with my friends. We didn't go up to the Statue of Liberty, we just saw Libby from Earth, but she was still marvelous regardless. Seeing a symbol that is so engrained in the collective American conscience was powerful. It gave me a new appreciation for what we have here and reminded me that I really need to watch the last few episodes of Turn that I missed.

I truly loved visiting Ellis Island. It's a very interesting facet of our history and it was especially significant to see different last names in my family etched onto walls with so many others. It's a reminder that all people have incredibly different, but also shared histories.


Outfit Details
Sweater: Anthropologie
T-Shirt: Marist College
Purse: Madewell
Sunglasses: Ray-Ban
Sandals: Aldo

Stay tuned for more on my New York adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment