Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Style: Zooey Deschanel + Lindsay Weir

With the recent addition of one of my all time favorite tv shows on Netflix, Freaks and Geeks, I have realized that my style, especially in the fall comes from a couple of specific places. I've always loved Zooey Deschanel. She is one of those people who is always consistently dressing in her style: retro, quirky amazingness! I adore this and find that it's one of the most flattering styles for my body type. I've also recently been sporting some really heavy fringe. In addition, the lovely Lindsay Weir, played to perfection by Linda Cardellini on Freaks and Geeks tends to make up a significant portion of my style as well. Always wearing an army jacket, sometimes a flannel, and perfectly relaxed, but shiny locks, she adds that cool-but-not-trying tomboy style. Put these two together, and that's just about where I am. I often layer my military-inspired jacket with a fit and flare dress. Contrasting styles is something I like to do, so pairing something super sweet with a worn in, tougher piece gives it a little edge and some interest. Come fall, my favorite season, this is great because it helps transition summery dresses and skirts into another season!
Linda Cardellini as Lindsay Weir on Freaks and Geeks
Zooey Deschanel


Song of the Moment: Firewood by Regina Spektor

No comments:

Post a Comment