Sunday, May 26, 2013

The perfect outfit for Memorial Day


Memorial day is upon us and the as unofficial start of summer, it's the perfect time to make a style statement. I chose pieces that I'm comfortable in so that I can go anywhere all day and be prepared for every situation. I originally bought this dress from Zara for graduation from high school just about two years ago and it has proved to be versatile and amazingly easy to pair with just about anything. ((similar here))


Since, at least in New England, weather is still unpredictable, layers are important! I'm wearing a light wash chambray from Ralph Lauren


Since wearability is key, I went for wedges, but they're not just any old wedges. They're fabulous wedges that were gifted to me. There's a big difference. ((similar here))


To add some extra drama and fun to my outfit I popped on my wide-brimmed hat from Urban Outfitters. ((similar here))


For makeup and hair, I wanted a fresh and effortless look. I went for a natural eye and a coral lip and kept my complexion even. I used the Nars velvet gloss lip pencil in Happy Days.


I just left my hair natural and wavy. It has been super rainy and humid the last few days, so instead of forcing my hair to do something it absolutely does not want to do, I just let it air dry and put some Herbal Essences mousse in it.


Hope you all have a lovely Memorial Day! Have fun getting those summer clothes out!



Let me know your thoughts by sounding off below! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this outfit! It's not something I would normally put together myself, but definitely something I would enjoy wearing. Thanks for the links (and killing the rest of my shopping budget for about a month...)
    ♥ Em, itsemmaelise.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete