Monday, April 29, 2013

Summer Movie Monday!

Every Monday, I'm going to feature a movie or two coming out on Friday. Check back for movie suggestions and my opinions on them once I see them!

Iron Man 3

Opening Friday, May 3rd
Directed by: Shane Black
Starring: Robert Downey jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Guy Pearce, Paul Bettany, Don Cheadle, Ben Kingsley, Rebecca Hall
78% on Rotten Tomatoes

Robert Downey jr. never disappoints me with his sarcasm, wit, and honesty. I'm just hoping that this stays true to the first Iron Man and doesn't lose the humor, despite whatever dire circumstances occur. I'm looking forward to seeing Tony and Pepper's relationship progress further, which I think was one of the high points of Iron Man 2. Iron Man 2 was by no means a bad movie, but it just wasn't as stellar as its predecessor. Here's hoping Iron Man 3 tops both of them!

Update:
I loved this movie. With Shane Black at the helm it felt a little bit like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang 2, in an awesome way. I could never have predicted Ben Kingsley's hilarity. This movie just worked in so many ways. The thing that's great about this character is his innovation. There wasn't too much in the second movie for him to truly innovate and think out of the box with. This put him in some truly hairy situations which lent themselves to originality and humor and kept the entire story feeling fresh and spontaneous.

Also playing: Mud (98%), 42 (77%)

No comments:

Post a Comment