Monday, February 3, 2014

Liebster Award


Lindsey at More Awesomer, Kimberly at Kimberly's Chronicle, and Sami at Sparkle and Shine nominated me for the Liebster award, which is an award for up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I am so honored and terribly sorry that it took so long for me to write this post! Since I slacked and took so long to publish this post I have answered all three sets of questions I got.




Liebster Award Requirements:

- 11 Random Facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the awarding blogger has posted for you
- Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers you have nominated, know you nominated them!
- No tag backs

11 Random Facts:
1. I'm slightly addicted to nail polish, but tend to avoid nail art.
2. My favorite color is purple.
3. Entertainment Weekly is the only magazine that I read cover to cover.
4. I can walk on my toe knuckles.
5. Liberty of London is my favorite department store in the world.
6. Shakespeare & Company in Paris is my favorite bookstore in the world.
7. I love watches.
8. I alphabetize my DVDs in a big binder.
9. I love breakfast food and I especially love chocolate (basically just carbs, really).
10. I am so Type A, which sometimes I love and sometimes I hate.
11. I am never happier than after a good dance class.

Questions from Sparkle and Shine
If you were stuck on an island and could only have three items with you – what would you bring?
My computer because how else could I blog? Yes, I'm assuming I get internet on this deserted island. Also, my DVD collection. I have everything from 27 Dresses to Walk the Line and a healthy collection of Christmas movies in between. 

What was the last show you binge watched on Netflix?
Scandal. It was a little intense. I watched every episode in about three days and when I finished I had to go on a rom com binge because I was so dazed. First of all, how does she look so amazing in white and how is it so pristine all the time? Secondly, how does she never spill red wine? Thirdly, poor Huck!

What’s the last thing you bought?
Jeans from Loft. All hail their petites section.

Who is your favorite Disney character?
When I was little (and still, kind of) it was Belle from Beauty and the Beast and Mary Poppins. I think it was a combination of the music, the outfits, and the intelligence - I've always loved books.

Backstreet Boys or NSync?
NSync. I was obsessed as a kid and my enthusiasm for JT still rings kind of true, even if I don't listen to his music anymore.

What was your favorite show as a kid?
Kickin it old school - Blue's Clues. That was my jam.

What’s your favorite book?
Since this is literally an impossible question, here are a few: Slaughterhouse 5, Atonement, Pride & Prejudice, Harry Potter, The Portable Dorothy Parker, Moneyball.

What is your dream job?
Dream job that I'm never going to get? Fashion editor.

If you could eat dinner with anyone – dead or alive – who would you pick? Why?
I think George Clooney would be an amazing pick. Now I know this is ignoring obligations to history (then I might choose Abe), feminism (then I might choose Dorothy Parker), and fashion (then I might choose Grace Coddington), but he is legitimately intelligent, hilarious, and interesting so I would, without a doubt, be entertained for an evening.

What’s your favorite restaurant?
My friends know that I do not have a very refined palette (reason that I do not have a food blog), so I basically enjoy great diners and breakfast spots first and foremost. I have a soft spot for the Eveready Diner in Hyde Park, The Breakfast Club in London, and Penelope in New York City.

What are your blogging goals?
I would love to grow my following, but for a total amateur and something that I just really enjoy on the side of life, I am simply aiming to stay true to myself and represent what I love and what interests me with this blog in the hopes that readers actually want to read it.

Questions from Kimberly's Chronicle
What was your dream job when you were little (like under 10)?
Probably a ballerina. Still kind of my dream job.

What is your favorite television series you've ever watched and why?
This is honestly so difficult because I am always watching tv. Gilmore Girls was the first tv show that really grabbed me and wouldn’t let go and just seeped into my life. From the sarcasm to the crazy references to the learning and pursuit of knowledge and new things to love, it all just opened me up to the kind of person who I wanted to be (colorful, vibrant, uncompromising, unique, fun, smart, clever, loyal).

If you could eat one food every day for a week, what would it be?
Chocolate. Or bacon.

Is there a famous icon or celebrity that you idolized/wanted to be when you were little?
Julie Andrews. Between Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music she was practically my idol.

Favorite nursery rhyme. Go.
I don’t really have one, but my dad had a pretty stellar collection of books that he read to me at bedtime and my absolute favorite is the epic George Shrinks. Sound effects are 100% necessary.

If you could choose your height, how tall would you be?
5’4”. That is a whopping SEVEN inches taller than my own height.

Most embarrassing moment (that you're willing to share)?
I am much clumsier than I should be. Last year I wiped out in the cafeteria in front of a significant population of freshmen wearing black and white polka dotted pants and high heels.

Favorite YouTuber?
Kate Jablonski. I basically use YouTube for dance/movie purposes.

What song have you listened to the most in the past 6 months?
The Once soundtrack. It has so much depth and I still can’t stop listening because it’s so beautiful.

Who is your favorite musician and why?
Right now I’m tempted to say Bruce Springsteen. His songwriting is insane and iconic. Also, Bob Dylan.

You're having a bad day and want to just relax and watch a movie. What movie do you watch?
I’ve got a few. Singin’ in the Rain, Pretty in Pink, Penelope, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Blues Brothers, 10 Things I Hate About You. Really the list never ends, but retail therapy (when I occasionally have some money) and movies are basically my coping methods.

Questions from MoreAwesomer
Favorite sick day movie?
See above.

What is your crazy unrealistic dream job?
See above.

If you could go anywhere with anyone for a weekend, who would you take and where would you go?
Somewhere I haven’t been, maybe Prague or Switzerland. I would want to take my family. I know that’s a 6-for-1 deal, but right now I don’t see them all that often and they travel just like I aim to, that is, organized, jam-packed, and fun.

List three of your favorite albums of all time.
Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not – Arctic Monkeys
Sigh No More – Mumford & Sons
Into the Wild soundtrack – Eddie Vedder

How did you pick your blog name?
One of my favorite songs, Fluorescent Adolescent by the Arctic Monkeys. They’ll probably sue me any day now.

What’s the best thing you have ever eaten?
Ever!? I legitimately don’t know, but most recently, Schmackary’s cookies. I was having serious withdrawals for five months.

If you could master one skill in a day (an instrument, a language, etc), what would it be?
I have always been really envious of people great at fine arts. The ability to put imagery on paper (or canvas or whatever, you get it) is so technical and personal and I just wish I had it.

If you could go to a carnival with three people alive or dead, who would you go with?
Lucille Ball, Jimmy Fallon, and Retta.

Favorite Skittle flavor?
I don’t like Skittles, but if I had to choose, the red ones?

Favorite quote of all time?
It might sound kind of dubious and sketchy, but “the trick to not being cheated is to learn how to cheat” from The Brothers Bloom is pretty great.

I nominate:
1. Elizabeth @ October June
2. Alyssa @ Frosting at Midnight
3. Breckenridge @ Whim of the South
4. Tracey @ Just a Trace
5. Brooke @ This is Me
8. Kriselle @ Livin’ and Lovin’
10. Kristine @ The Glitter Diaries
11. Hannah @ Words as Palindromes

My questions for them:
1. Who is your style icon?
2. Favorite band/artist that no one else listens to.
3. What is your dream travel destination? What do you want to do there?
4. What's your favorite mode of transportation?
5. Favorite piece of clothing in your closet.
6. Favorite ice cream flavor.
7. Top 5 favorite movies.
8. What is your thing? (favorite hobby, notorious habit, something that you're known for)
9. What is your favorite season and why?
10. If you could live in a different era which would you choose and why?
11. Where is your favorite place?



2 comments: