Friday, November 8, 2013

Fashion Film Friday: D&G



Welcome to Fashion Film Friday! On the occasional Friday I'm going to share with you some of my favorite fashion films. I love that this is a thing now. The major fashion houses are all adding some delicious narrative to their beautiful clothes. Not only do I just love this because it's two of my favorite things put together, movies and fashion, but it's also just a whole lot of fun. Clothes tell a story all on their own, but when you add a cheeky or glamorous (usually both) storyline to the mix and an auteur at the helm, it's bound to at least be something interesting and, more often, something worth watching.

First up is one of the most recent: Dolce & Gabbana's film by Martin Scorsese starring Scarlett Johansson and Matthew McConaughey for fragrance The One called Street of Dreams. Watch them coyly banter as exes in black and white against the romantic, nostalgic glamour that is New York City. If you're finding yourself missing New York right now (like I happen to be), this will be just the dose of bittersweet Old Hollywood to make you realize just how much.



What are your favorite fashion films? Do you wish there could be a sequel to this one? What brands do you want to see fashion films from? I hope you enjoy this new feature because I've been wanting to do it for a while now and this was just enough motivation!


No comments:

Post a Comment