Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, A Beautiful Trailer


I have a constantly evolving list of "Movies to See." It's just a Word document on my computer, but I keep it updated, adding and crossing movies off of the list all the time. One movie that has been on the list for a while is, you called it, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Now, I usually have a reason for putting movies on this list but it's got over 300 titles on it so you'll forgive me if I don't remember why exactly I put movies on the list in the first place. However, I have faith in my taste and reasoning, so I don't bother keeping up with every title all the time. This one slipped through the cracks and when I was browsing IMDb (a favorite pastime) earlier and saw the trailer link, I was intrigued, thinking I know I want to see this but I can't for the life of me remember why. Naturally, I clicked, and essentially stumbled upon possibly the most artistic trailer of the year, and definitely my favorite so far. It's not gimmicky, doesn't give everything away, and tickles that sleepy lion that is your imagination enough to make you curious. Not only that, it's beautiful. Take a look for yourself!


I for one, really like Ben Stiller. Between Zoolander, The Royal Tenenbaums, and Tropic Thunder, he's done an interesting combination of hilarious, stupid, compelling, and flat out brilliant work, and I don't think he should be overlooked as a formidable and capable actor. Plus, there's the great supporting cast too with the likes of Adam Scott, Kristen Wiig, Sean Penn, Kathryn Hahn, Patton Oswalt, and Shirley MacLaine.

Excited for any movies coming this fall? What's your favorite trailer ever? Did you know that they have awards for the best trailers - like the Oscars of trailer-making, legitimately.

Plus, I mean.... Tony Wonder, guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment